A housebound single male parent reflects…
“Having prayed for seven hours for seven days in the seven weeks prior to the budget, I felt sure that the finance minister would listen to the advice of a Greater Power and provide some relief for people in my circumstances. While the mothers of my three children gain €5 per child, I linger in here, dependent on the charity of my bishop and the indulgence of former parishioners to cater for my needs while awaiting my appeal.”
|The Issues||Government’s Thinking|
|Employment:||Reduction in USC, few bob for self-employed, etc, should keep us in our jobs|
|Welfare:||Have to look after poor Labour too|
|Transport:||This brib… er, budget, should carry us into another five years|
How Enda decided on election date
- Be nice to knock another few months out of it
- Might even squeeze in another St. Patrick’s Day trip
- And maybe some foreign bloke will announce a factory for Mayo in the meantime
- Then again, this is probably as good as it gets
- Whatever I decide, I have to be strong and decisive!
- Here we go…
- Tails it is then… for spring.